Builder:Robert, Thomas and Richard Stead
Wally Jones & George Werne (Wellington, ??-1946-??); Firth (Wellington, 1916-??); Largely owned by shareholders from 1900-15. Brewer & Fordham (1912). C. V. Fordham purchased Duncan half share 1911; William Highet share sold to Andy Duncan 1909 ; William Highet and R. Brewer (Wellington, 1903-1909); Oliver Scott (Wellington, 1900-1903); Stead Bros (Wellington, 1897-1900)
Notes:Draught 4.9. converted to fin and bulb keel 1900 by Bob Stead, not successful so converted back to keeler by Jack Highet. Still in Wellington 1948. Taipare was Wellington's first spoon-bowed yacht.
View image gallery
Photo source:The Rip