Photo source:RPNYC archive
Owners:Rolf Nowak (NZ/Canada?, 1964-??); Capt. W. R. Fell (Wellington, 1961-1962); Leslie J. Ibbotson (Wellington, 1929-1937-??); A. J. Ibbotson & sons (Wellington, 1919-1929); William and Penwill Moore (Wellington, 1909-ca. 1919); Dr Fell (Wellington, ca.1896-1909) ; Messrs Richmond (Wellington, 1892-??); J. R. Gibbons, Herbert G. Smith, William McCallum, Charles Archibald (Wellington, 1891 - ca.1896)
Built for a Wellington syndicate. Dr Fell painted her dark green or black. Auxilliary installed 1911. Renamed Romp 1919. Painted white and skylight added 1910. Moored at Te Aro until 1919, when she was moved to Evans Bay.
Rolf Nowak (a German) and Don Reece (a Canadian) departed Whangarei with the intent to sail to Vancouver, incorporating a Pacific cruise in 1964.
"Half a century on the Bay" and "Evans Bay Yachtsman" give dimensions: LOA 29, Beam 6,8 Draft 6 Tonnage 6.5
Builder:Charles Bailey Sr